Hello and welcome to day 8 of Blaugust. And I’m still standing! Or writing. Whatever, CONTENT SUCKAS.
Um, sorry about that. I have a bit of the Friday sillies, and part of the reason I am feeling so fine is that I have a delightfully lazy weekend in front of me. I mean, lazy for me includes another trip to the farmer’s market for another round of pickled beets and peach jam. And doing both podcasts on Sunday. And tidying my home between heat waves. But still, so much game time while wearing comfy pants!
I am going to play all the things. Or, well, these things in particular:
1) WildStar! I’m still level 48 and oh my god I’m so bored of levelling so I need to just get to 50 before I think about it too much. WildStar’s levelling is pretty good, honestly, but I just dislike the concept in general. It’s time to get to 50 so I can focus on grown-up character things.
2) Hearthstone! Last week I won my game in the first round of our guild Hearthstone tournament, which means next week I have to face down frequent streamer Corr. I need to rejigger my current decks and maybe come up with another one I can rotate in depending on what he is playing. (No details because I know he reads this blog. *wave*)
3) Saints Row 4! I really enjoyed this game but due to multiplayer shenanigans I only played through the first third of it or so at launch. Fortunately the most recent episode of the Crate and Crowbar podcast talked about SR4 and how awesome it is for some reason, and I’m a sucker for hype. Time to knock this off my half-played list.
4) Cook, Serve, Delicious! I got to the 2-star restaurant level in this game and then took a little break. It’s very fun and much deeper than I expected, but it also requires concentration and a high level of attention, and I’ve just been too tired and frazzled lately. This will be a great game to play on Sunday morning after a nice long night of sleep.
5) Look, four games is probably plenty for one weekend.
So what are you playing this weekend?